Sunday, August 8, 2010

Close Your Eyes

Sometimes you receive something from a friend via e-mail and it hits you right where it feels best; when you want to reminisce about things that were dear to you as a child or teen. Here is one of those moments when a video brings it all back; take the walk...



With tears in my eyes... I remembered being a teenager in the sixties and experiencing all of the these things as a pre-teen with my cousins - all girls - who would have sock hop parties at my parents house and the many weekends that my parents would have cookouts!

I truly wished that America could return to those days of yesteryear when you could leave your doors unlocked and no one would allow you to do wrong without your parents knowing about it before you got home. I miss being a child!

In a democracy, silence is not golden; it is condonance in the face of injustices; it is fear, where the thought of reprisal fosters control – Rodney A. Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment