Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dark Girls - Bradinn French

Time and time again it is pointed out what racism does to the target of that bigotry.  I will scream with my loudest voice until the day that I die for the pain that dark-complexioned women endure.  How can you degrade your own race with attitudes such as this - and yet we do.

There is no unity within the Blacks of America and it deeply angers me.  My feelings are... if you have such low self-esteem for yourself, how can you ever expect another person... another race, to have a favorable view toward you and your race.

I am Black.  I have never wanted to be anything but what I am - Black!  I thank God for my great grandmother, born a slave, but every bit the true model of what Black women are - strong, patience, loving, and ooh so beautiful on the inside as well as the outside!  I was blessed to have a grandmother who taught me the value of self-esteem at an early age and I teach these truths to my daughters and granddaughters.

To my beautiful dark-complexioned Black sisters - harmed by the prejudices placed at your feet because of the deep, rich colour of your skin - I love you!


Dark Girls: Preview from Bradinn French on Vimeo.

Clips from Bradinn French's upcoming documentary exploring the deep-seated biases and attitudes about skin color---particularly dark skinned women, outside of and within the Black American culture.

In a democracy, silence is not golden; it is condonance in the face of injustices; it is fear, where the thought of reprisal fosters control – Rodney A. Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment